What is WhatsApp Business and why is it beneficial for your company?
It has never been so easy to increase your sales and the level of loyalty with your customers in just one mobile application.
If you have an industrial company or an SME and you want to give it an innovative and effective turn when offering your products and services, that is when you should know and make use of WhatsApp Business, the messaging application par excellence and now also the tool of ideal communication for your business in its business version.
What is WhatsApp Business?
WhatsApp Business is an application to streamline your sales and experiences with your customers, covering a wide range of possibilities in the industrial sector. WhatsApp Business can be downloaded from the Android Google Play store and the Apple App Store for free and allows you to more easily expose your products and services to your customers, thus generating active communication and a satisfying customer service experience.
You can also create your own catalogs, personalised quick response messages, automatic messages and labels to organise your database of contacts and / or chats within the same WhatsApp Business application.
What are the differences between WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business?
As we all know, WhatsApp is an instant messaging application that is used in our day to day to communicate with our friends, family and sometimes to make certain sales. That is why the creator of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, has thought of those entrepreneurs, industrial companies and SMEs and has created WhatsApp Business, in order to create a specialised platform for those who want to work with the application in a professional environment.
The most visible difference we have is the logo, since we can see that the silhouette is the same, but the content inside changes, the WhatsApp Business has a "B" differentiating it from the normal WhatsApp.
As a second aspect we have the installation, since as in WhatsApp we usually change the name every time we want, in the WhatsApp Business application, that is not possible. Being a business mobile phone application, it allows you to put the name of your company only once and without the option to modify it later, therefore, you must make sure you write it correctly in order to avoid problems.
Another key difference for your business is information, since WhatsApp Business allows you to share all the information about your company such as a brief description about it, work hours, location, website link and your personalised catalogs.
Messages have been a fundamental point for a better customer experience, with WhatsApp Business you can write:
- Welcome message: Automated message when you are a customer who writes to us for the first time.
- Absence messages: Automated message when a client writes to us after hours.
- Quick response messages: Automated message when a customer has questions about a product or service. It is very useful in the case of frequently asked questions, since it saves you time and losses of potential clients.
And finally the labels, which allow us to organise chat and groups according to our preferences. In the case of an industrial company, which has a very wide variety of products and many partners involved, WhatsApp Business would be perfect to have everything under control.
Advantages of using WhatsApp Business
- More professional company profile: For every company, having this application will be a positive point and a very big leap in quality, thus leaving your brand with a good position of professionalism and modernity.
- Improve the experience with customers: With the help of WhatsApp Business you will have a more personalised and automated way that will make you achieve rewarding communication, leaving a good experience captured.
- Streamline sales: The button that can be added to your website by directing the customer to a conversation through WhatsApp Business allows you to have a more agile sale.
- Optimise waiting time: The automated message method offered by WhatsApp Business makes the time that the client has to wait for a response to be less than that of any other communication method, thanks to its frequency and speed with which messages are sent already engraved and personalised.
- Facilitates communication between users and the company: This application, in addition to being free, is easy to download and use, therefore, 80% of users would prefer this method to accommodate their purchases, since it also has message notifications, That is, you can update and automate the messages that will be sent to your customers, whether they are new updates, shipment status, new products, etc.
- Broader segmentation: As we already know, WhatsApp is a well-known application and WhatsApp Business is also being so, it already has more than 2,000 million active users per month, which this data allows us to reach a much wider target audience.
- Innovative marketing strategy: In industrial marketing you have to always be innovating with actions and content, and WhatsApp Business is a modern and updated application that will achieve this goal with you, getting you to be more connected, closer and more aware of the needs of your clients.
How to install and SignUp for WhatsApp Business in 3 easy steps
- First, you have to enter the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store and search for WhatsApp Business and download it (remember that it is free).
- Once downloaded, you must go to the home screen and open the application, when you have already read and accepted the conditions of service, you can start to configure and customise the application with your data such as name, image and type of company.
- Finally, create your company profile by clicking on the configure button → Business Tools or company settings, where you can add all your products and services, thus providing all the information about your company.
At BCM Marketing we are specialists in finding digital and communication solutions for companies in the industrial sector. We help industrial companies in their digitalisation process and offer advice for the selection of new strategies and tools. If you have questions about how to implement the use of WhatsApp Business in your industrial company, do not hesitate to contact us.