Global Branding: What is it and how do you manage a global brand?
Expanding the branding of a brand to reach potential customers in different countries, without cultural or language barriers sounds really tempting. The desire to expand is something common in companies in the industrial sector, and that is why in this new article of BCM Marketing's blog we want to explain what is Global Branding management to obtain a brand with international reach.
What is Global Branding?
Global Branding is a technique whose objective is to manage a brand that aims to operate in different international markets. In other words, Global Branding is a branding strategy within the field of digital marketing (also known as global brand strategy) that aims to increase the audience and brand recognition in different countries.
If laying the foundations of a local brand is already a major challenge, it is not surprising that an international brand requires a titanic effort to be recognized outside its national market. It is necessary to take into account that when you reach a new country (a new market), and regardless of how well recognised your brand is in your current market, this does not ensure easy penetration in the minds of consumers in other places.
That is why when building the perception of your brand in a foreign country, you have to make your value proposition known to your new audience, adapting your communication accordingly, clearly presenting your visual identity and corporate branding and differentiating yourself from the local competition.
How to manage a global brand
To build a globally recognised brand, it is necessary to adapt brand strategies to the culture of each country in which you want to position yourself, always maintaining the values, identity and visuals of the brand.
If your company's brand enjoys some local recognition and you want to open new markets, you should not be afraid of the presence of large industrial corporations in other countries. To help you go one step further, regardless of the size of your company, here are some tips on how to achieve a global brand:
- Consistency and flexibility: You must maintain consistency and flexibility in every market or region where your brand is present. In addition to creating a good image for your company, you will help to strengthen it in the minds of your customers.
- Coherence: At all times you must uphold the values, mission and vision of your industrial company. These are the three points that define your corporate identity and are therefore non-negotiable under any circumstances.
- Planning: Setting achievable long-term goals and following a well-planned strategy are essential steps in managing your brand globally.
- Analysis of the environment: A key point for success is to know how your competitors are positioned, to analyse them to discover their weaknesses and strengths, as well as knowing the market you want to target. In addition, it is also advisable to analyse the particularities of the consumers in each market in order to adapt your marketing and sales strategies.
- Integration: Allying with local partners such as distributors or suppliers can be of great help to get to know first-hand the mechanisms of a local market that has been foreign to you until now. Looking for synergies and Win-Win agreements will be key for the expansion of your brand.
Benefits of a global brand
- Offers a positioning approach raised to an international level.
- Significantly increases the value of your brand.
- Increases the size of your target audience.
- Allows you to easily surpass your local competition in terms of image.
- Enables the expansion of your commercial network.
- Generates more traffic to your website.
Glocal, thinking globally and acting locally
The term glocal is an acronym of the words global and local to refer to a global mindset and reach, but also accommodating the cultures, ideals and needs of local audiences.
If executed optimally, this approach preserves the essence of a brand while making it relatable and understandable to local markets.
At BCM Marketing, as a branding agency in Barcelona, we have the creativity and knowledge necessary to make your brand an international benchmark. If you want to know more, contact us and together we will try to achieve your branding goals.