Keys to achieve a professional web design
Web design is a global demand among all companies. In the same way that it is essential for any business to have a website, it is also essential that an optimised and professional design is present.
The presence on the internet is something necessary if we want to consolidate the brand in the market. Thanks to it, we can reach more customers and make ourselves known globally. Having a web, in addition to being necessary and bringing with it many benefits, can harm us if it does not present a good design or is not well optimised for all devices. In fact, a study reveals that more than 57% of users would not recommend a company with a poorly adapted website for mobile devices.
In short, the web is as important an element for the brand as the quality of its products and/or services or its customer service. A well-organised and attractive website design will attract the attention of users and make the business look more professional.
Key elements of a web page
In order for us to say that a website has a good design, it must comply with some fundamental aspects. Let's see what they are about:
- Responsiveness: That a website is responsive means that it is adapted to different devices. There is more and more variety (mobile phones, tablets, computers) and it is important that it looks good on each of them.
- Visual style: This will vary depending on what we want to convey. For this we will take into account different points:
- Typography: The typography must be according to the website. It must be legible and not load too much personality unnecessarily, as this will tire the reader. In addition, the font must be the same throughout the website, otherwise consistency would be lost.
- Colours: These must reflect what we want to reflect as a brand. A good combination of these is key to improving the user experience. Ideally, use the same ones that are presented in the logo.
- Images: The same, they must be consistent with the content and our business. Its size must be adapted, without becoming too large or too small.
- Scannability: This point refers to the structuring of the text. To make reading enjoyable for users and easier, we must structure the text well. To do this, use titles and subtitles, divide into not very long paragraphs, insert images and use lists.
- Loading time: According to Google, websites that take more than 2 seconds to load damage both the user experience and the indexing of the site. That is why it is important to ensure the best performance of our website.
Regarding the structure of the website, the most recommended is to provide the following pages within the navigation menu:
- Home: The first page as a presentation with the latest news.
- Contact: This should include a small form so that you can easily contact us. It is advisable to include other options such as telephone number, address, etc.
- Products and/or services: On this page we will show the products and services that we offer with all the information that may be relevant to the user.
- Blog: This point is optional, however it is highly recommended since it is a way to offer content of interest and to improve our SEO positioning.
- About us: Here we will talk about the company, its values, its commitment to society, who makes it up, its history, etc.
Advantages of investing in a quality website
Web design is one more part of our image as a brand and of any digital marketing strategy. Investing in it benefits us in more than one point.
- Good first impressions: Our page is the presentation of our business. If we have a well-designed website we will give a more professional image, an updated image and we will immediately reflect the company.
- Better SEO rankings: SEO refers to the indexing of web pages in search engines like Google. If our page is up to date, it will be indexed and will be shown in the first results. Otherwise, you could take a back seat and not get the expected visits.
- Competitive advantage: Having a better website than the competition will make us one step ahead in digital media. This will give us a better online presence and therefore, in the market.
- More income: Users are attracted more and spend more time on a website that presents a great design. This implies that the probability and number of conversions to sales increases and with it, the benefits.
- Accessibility: Including elements on the web such as the telephone number, address, social networks and email will make it easier for users to find us. They will also easily know what your business does and what it can offer.
Within digital marketing, the web is the pillar on which content marketing, online commerce, SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), inbound marketing and much more are sustained. That is why it is so important to invest in it.
At BCM Marketing we have all the tools to create your website and implement it in your digital marketing strategy. We offer a wide variety of web design solutions and services according to the needs of our clients.
Tools for web design
There are many tools for web design. They are all focused on a specific solution and can be very useful. Here are some of the most important ones.
- Adobe Color CC: This tool allows you to make adjustments to the color, hue and saturation, curves and lightness masks of the images. Thanks to it, the colours of the web will have a better combination and a harmonious solution. Plus, it's free!
- Google Fonts: Here you will find a free catalog of more than 800 fonts available to find the best typeface for your website.
- Mockflow: The Mockflow tool is perfect for building design schematics. It is very easy to use, you will only have to grab and drop preconfigured icons. It will be a great help in creating a functional web page and in planning user interfaces.
- CSS3 Button Generator: This tool will allow you to create custom buttons. From the typography, the border, the background and the style of the box.
- HubSpot Design Manager: This is an application from which you can manage all your files, edit the modules and codes and inspect the properties of a design. It is very useful and efficient since you will have all the tools in one place.
- Tinypng: It is the best way to optimise images. Its function is to compress the graphic elements. This is useful to avoid very high load times on the page.
- Adobe Edge Reflow: It is ideal for responsive or adaptive web authoring. This tool creates functional web prototypes through graphical tools. Its grid-based workspace adapts to any resolution. So you can design according to your specific requirements.
- Pixabay: It is a free image bank. In it you can find more than 900,000 files to complement your website. We also recommend other image banks that we use often such as Unsplash or Freepik.