TikTok for B2B companies: Is it a good investment?
During the pandemic there has been one social network that has stood out above the rest achieving great growth and public acceptance.
TikTok is an application of Chinese origin that was launched in 2016 originally under the name Douyin. After merging in 2018 with Musical.ly, another app for creating short videos with music, it has been gaining more users year after year until today.
But what's so special about TikTok?
The popularisation of this mobile app is mostly due to the ability to create and edit videos of a few seconds that, once uploaded to the platform, can become viral quickly. In other words, anyone can become known in a practically random way.
In recent months we have seen more and more B2B companies joining the platform, where industrial companies are also well accepted by their target audience.
Is TikTok a suitable app for B2B companies?
As of today, TikTok holds the record of being the most downloaded app with more than 1.5 billion active users, with an average connection time of one hour per day. It has quickly become one of the apps with the highest visibility and enough power to create strong connections with users by brands.
So yes, it is a reality that the app has enough power for a company –regardless of its business sector– to gain more visibility. So why not give it a try?
Many B2B companies have jumped on board and started creating valuable content as part of their inbound marketing strategy.
Things to keep in mind before getting started with TikTok
Before jumping into the TikTok adventure, as an industrial company you should take into account the main features of this application:
- What can we promote? The answer to this question is easy, everything can be promoted and made known. Keep in mind that as it is a business profile, the content has to revolve around the service or product you want to make known. It goes without saying that, although it is a less formal social network, it is also important to design a clear content marketing strategy and organise the publications in an organisational calendar.
- 28% of the application's users are under 18 years of age. 35% are between 19 and 20 years old. And with the lowest percentage, but significant, 18% of users are over 30 years old: It is surely in this segment where our target is concentrated.
- The application is incredibly easy to use. You learn the functions very quickly and you can always look for information or tutorials to improve. But as the application grows, users have started to invest in tools that improve the quality of the content.
- You don't need to be a genius to upload content; just being a little informed about the most used trends or songs of the moment is enough. In addition, the same application helps you by showing you the trends of the moment, hashtags and the most searched.
8 TikTok strategies for B2B companies
Getting started on TikTok is not difficult. But being able to make yourself known and reach your target can be a complex task. At BCM Marketing we have found 8 techniques that will help you reach more people.
- Keep in mind that TikTok is an entertainment application, so the content should not be completely formal. This doesn't mean that you should neglect the editing and quality of the video, but the content will attract more people if it looks natural.
- Every week there are new trending hashtags, use them to make yourself known. Of course, as long as they are related to your content or you know how to relate them to your marketing actions. You will have to give free rein to your creativity.
- Although it may seem silly, there are countless viral audios that can be used to your advantage with a little imagination and creativity. These audios can be songs or dialogues from series or reality shows that have gone viral.
- According to the users of the application, recording over short and viral audios makes you more likely to appear on the recommendations page.
- Upload content regularly to your profile, that will make users enter your profile more times to see if there is something new and do not forget you. The ideal would be to publish at least one a day on TikTok, although we all know the slower rhythms of B2B marketing.
- If you decide to start with a company account, it wouldn't hurt to make a small study of days and times when you can have a greater acceptance of the public when the videos are uploaded. This way you will know when it is best to upload content.
- Don't forget to participate in the challenges that exist in the application.
- Personalize your profile: Connect your other social networks to the videos or in the profile description. Choose a good profile picture that attracts attention and helps you stand out, and in which the company name can be seen.
TikTok is the social network in vogue among young people and remains a tool to be explored for companies with an industrial profile that dedicate their communication efforts to B2B marketing. Therefore, it is important to know how to use and understand the type of content in this application before launching into using it for our B2B marketing strategy.
BCM Marketing's team of consultants, as professional experts in the design and execution of social media strategies for industrial companies, work to offer you digital marketing solutions for the B2B sector.