What is the best online advertising?
Internet advertising or online advertising is characterised by the use of the internet as a communication channel. There are many platforms for this, such as blogs, social networks, e-mails and more, it is difficult to decide which is the best for our business. However, if you are reading this, it is because you are clear that this type of campaign is practically essential if you want to have a good position in the market.
The best method of advertising online does not exist as such, depending on the type of company and the audience your product or service is aimed at, one method or another will be better. For industrial companies, this is about more personalised and specialised messages with than those used by other companies that target the end consumer or B2C. For the same reason, prior research on the company itself, the market and our target is important. If we have this knowledge, we will know which is the best channel to reach our audience and which format to use to draw their attention.
Once we have chosen the channel through which we will communicate, it is time to get to grips with the content. The presentation format is closely linked to the users we want to address and to our company's philosophy. We must take into account the tone of the message, which can be more formal or more colloquial, the colours used (that are related to the company), the images (that fit into the context and are of quality) and a long etcetera. As you can see, the best publicity is nothing more than quality research and creation.
Types of online advertising
Normally, in an online advertising campaign, not only is an advertising format created, but a strategy is implemented that encompasses different types of advertising. The joint work of all of them helps to achieve the defined objectives. For this, it is important that they all follow certain criteria and have synergy. In this way, the results obtained will be more beneficial.
Let's look at the types of advertising we usually see online:
- Email marketing: This consists of sending emails to users and offering them products, services, offers, subscriptions, etc. Personalised messages are the ones that are received best, thus offering content of interest to the user.
- Search engine advertising: Also known as SEM (Search Engine Marketing). This type of advertising usually works on a pay-per-click (PPC) basis and offers visibility in the first results of a relevant user's search. This allows you to improve the positioning of your website.
- Banner: These are spaces, of different sizes and shapes, which are found in strategic places on a web page and which display advertisements. These are usually still images with text, although we can also find videos. Normally, when you click on a banner, you will be directed to a web page related to the advertisement. In addition, banners can be interactive, showing buttons and elements with which the user can interact.
- Social networks: Using social networks is an effective way to communicate with our audience successfully. Most social networks offer to promote messages or content, making it possible to promote a post on Facebook, a tweet on Twitter or a snapshot on Instagram.
- Pop-up: This is a form of intrusive advertising. It consists of making a pop-up appear when opening a web page or clicking on a link. It is usually a type of advertising that annoys users, especially if it is not used properly. In these windows that appear suddenly, we can find advertisements of offers, invitations to subscribe to the newsletter, etc.
- Advertising on blogs: This is a great method of advertising as it attracts the client by offering interesting content. Using the storytelling technique, we can advertise while offering some content that interests the user. Through the description of an experience or a reflection, for example, we can talk about the benefits of our product or service for the same situation we are describing.
- Video advertising: The consumption of audiovisual content is constantly growing, and viral videos are the ones that have the most impact. Platforms such as Youtube or Vine focus exclusively on this type of content. The advertising on them, in addition to the banners that are shown, can be found in the same content. Tutorials, reviews, trailers... All of them are a good way to get the consumer's attention. In addition, there is the possibility of collaboration with youtubers specialised in a certain sector. These are an efficient and fast way to reach a large number of users who share the same interest.
- Advertising on mobile devices: In addition to the types of advertising we have mentioned above, it should be borne in mind that their format must be suitable for mobile devices. Because these are the most used and with the differences in screens, we must ensure that our ads work and are seen correctly on these devices.
Tips for your online advertising
Once you know about online advertising, the advantages and the multitude of options it offers, it's time to give some tips that can help in your online marketing campaign.
- Work on your website. The appearance of the website is very important since it is the first thing the user sees. Keep the information well organised and don't forget to add a section so that you can be easily contacted.
- Research the market. The competition, the trends, the most used tools... all this must be investigated periodically. This will allow us to be up-to-date, to foresee and to act accordingly in the best way. This is the best way to gain an advantage over the competition.
- Define the objectives. It is important to clearly define the objectives we are going to pursue. These must be realistic, measurable and, of course, achievable.
- Work on the design. The design of the online advertising content must generate a call to action (CTA) for the user. So the content has to be eye-catching and of interest to the target audience while maintaining the personality of the company.
- Build your brand image. The image of our brand must be present in each of the advertisements we make. The logo, the colours, the typography and all the elements that help to identify us will make our product or service relate better to our brand.
- Give the best content for your users. Besides being content interesting to our company's target audience, it is necessary to pay attention to the message we want to communicate. A clear, easily understood and concise message will give us better results.
- Follow up on all your campaigns. Measuring the results of all our actions will allow us to make the necessary changes at the right time, always ensuring the best results for our investments.
Advantages of advertising on the Internet
Advertising on networks offers great advantages for any company. Thanks to the massive and continuous use of the internet by users, advertising in this medium has increased exponentially. Nowadays, any company has some kind of online advertising, since appearing on the Internet is practically a requirement if we want to make ourselves known in the market.
If you still do not have an online advertising plan, we tell you why you should do it:
- Gain visibility. It allows you to make your brand, company or product known by covering a large part of the market almost instantaneously. No matter the place or time, anyone with an access point to the network can be connected.
- Low costs. It is a much cheaper type of advertising than traditional advertising.
- Easy to create. There are many programs and platforms that make internet advertising simple to design and implement.
- Flexibility. It allows changes to be made to the campaign easily, quickly and at any time thanks to its great accessibility.
- Measurement of results. Online advertising campaigns can be analysed in detail and in real time. It is easy to reliably calculate the return on investment (ROI) of each advertisement, their effectiveness, to monitor user behaviour through our website and much more.
Online advertising campaigns are therefore a great tool to improve our number of leads and sales. Due to all the advantages mentioned above, any company can make use of it and achieve good results more or less quickly. Digital marketing opens the door to a multitude of options for communicating, selling and providing the best service to our clients and here, at BCM Marketing, we know how to make the most of it.
In short, the best online advertising is that which correctly transmits what we want to communicate to those we want to address. When it comes to addressing other companies (B2B marketing), it is more complex compared to communicating to large masses of consumers. However, at BCM Marketing we know how we can help you. Contact us and start standing out in the digital environment.