The Megamarketing strategy and how to apply it to your business
The communication undertaken by an industrial company is of great importance, as how the brand will be positioned in not only the consumer's mind but also in the competition's depends on it. So far, we know very well what traditional marketing is all about, but today we want to talk about the Megamarketing technique and how you can apply this strategy in your company.
What is Megamarketing?
First of all, we believe it is necessary to clarify this term, which is somewhat unfamiliar even to marketing professionals. Megamarketing is a concept created by the economist Philip Kotler and is basically used to talk about the work that goes far beyond the relationship between the brand and the consumer.
In the concept of Megamarketing, we evaluate the external factors that can affect the perception of the brand and the impact they have on its credibility in the market as a whole.
The purpose of Megamarketing is to manage the external factors, i.e. to keep all the elements under control and ensure that the following objectives are met:
- Eliminate negative influences.
- Acquire positive influences.
How Megamarketing works within a company's strategy
Megamarketing encompasses everything that is related to marketing strategies when executing a campaign or launching a product or service. It is made up of influences, good relationships and many projects behind the scenes that end consumers are usually unaware of, whether it is a multinational company or an SME.
What consumers see is only the tip of the iceberg and all the work that goes into its huge, unseen base is what we call the mega dimension.
A very obvious example could be the technology company Apple. When the Cupertino-based company is about to launch a new model of its iPhone on the market, what we see is a presentation on a stage but we are not aware of all the previous work.
Megamarketing encompasses much more than the launch of a new product on the market. It focuses on bringing closer, negotiating and strengthening relationships and then demonstrating that the product in question is a real alternative and that your target audience desires it.
How to apply the Megamarketing strategy in your company
If you want to increase your sales volume and internationalise your brand, you should consider implementing the Megamarketing technique in your business or marketing and advertising strategy. Here are some common examples of how to apply the concept of Megamarketing in your business:
- Seeking power and impact: A company may be relatively small but have a very wide audience, so Megamarketing can help to achieve that influence and successful interaction with different stakeholders.
- Managing market perception: The way you manage your brand image externally is vitally important and, although your content or inbound marketing strategy may be perfectly tailored to the profile of your buyer persona, it is necessary to monitor the continuous changes happening in the market to optimise the perception of your brand in the market.
- Use of Public Relations: Public Relations (PR) is a fundamental part of the marketing world when you start to adapt the company to external elements. This strategy acts as an ally to the media, thus achieving a better perception of your brand externally. Good PR work from a Megamarketing point of view can help your company to gain brand recognition.
At BCM Marketing we want the best for you and your company, and that is why we are specialists in developing innovative strategies to help you position your company as a market reference. If you want to know more about our services as a Digital Marketing agency, please contact us.