What a landing page is and how to make them more effective
The objective of a landing page is that the user who visits it performs a specific action. Landing pages are used to generate conversions (phone call, download a guide, fill out a form, etc.), qualified leads. They are reached through a Call to Action from an Ads ad, another web page, sending an e-mail or a newsletter.
The landing page can be hosted under your domain, or it can be hosted in a CRM (Pardot, Sales Force, Hubspot…).
As a B2B marketing agency, we design and develop customized landing pages according to the type of company and aimed at achieving the objectives set.
Main elements of a Landing Page
While it is true that we will use different designs for the landig page depending on the objectives, there are certain concepts and elements that will be common to all of them. It must attract the user's attention and must not offer distractions. Landing pages are not made for the user to browse, they are for the user to stay on it and we can achieve the objective.
- Title: It should be as clear as possible and capture the user's attention.
- Body: Short description that perfectly describes the message.
- Image: An image that retains the user's attention and is in line with the message.
- Form: These are included in those landing pages that are used to capture leads. They should not be too long, just enough to capture quality leads.
The "Copy", its importance in a landing page
One of the most important elements for a successful landing page is the copy. This is the part that describes and highlights the value of what we are offering and will allow us to achieve the conversion from user to client, or from user to contact.
Landing page types
Depending on the objective we want to achieve, the landing page design will have different formats and designs. The message will also be different if the user lands on it from an advertising campaign (SEM) or from organic search engine results (SEO).
- Landing Page for conversions: The objective of these landing pages is to convert the user directly into a customer (buy a product, buy a service, etc.). They are usually used by e-commerce or software download companies. Testimonials are included to give credibility to the product or service and generate trust in the user.
- Landing Page for lead capture: Common in Inbound marketing strategies and focused on generating quality and qualified leads. In digital marketing strategies, these leads are incorporated into the databases so that they can become business opportunities and customers. They usually give access to downloadable content once the user has completed the form included in the landing page.
Landing page objectives
The maximum conversion of users (conversion rate, lead generation) that reach it. Always depending on the objectives set out in the design of the landing page, we will exclude all those elements that are not aimed at achieving what we set out in the strategy.
Types of users landing on the landing page
Depending on the user we are targeting, the design of the landing page will be different:
- New users: This user has no previous information about our company, services or products. They may arrive through a SEM campaign or organic search (SEO).
- Users: Users who already know our company, product or service. They can reach the landing page through a newsletter, e-mail marketing or as direct traffic.
The strategy, message and design of the landing page will be completely different for each type of user. We must know our Buyer Persona to know how to target them. It is always advisable to know what our competition is doing to know their strengths and weaknesses, the former to inspire us and the latter to overcome them.
BCM Marketing is a B2B industrial marketing agency in Barcelona, experts in finding customized marketing solutions that best suit your business. So if you want to attract more leads that convert, we help you develop effective landing pages.