How to run an effective email marketing campaign
Email marketing is one of the most recurrent tools in digital marketing and, far from going out of fashion or losing effectiveness, the truth is that sending newsletters is already an essential part of user loyalty tools.
The fact that our newsletter arrives in the inbox of our contacts does not imply that it will be 100% effective. In fact, getting it to be so (i.e. getting the user to click to enter the message or even click on one of the inserted links) is quite a triumph.
To achieve this, it is necessary to take care of aspects such as cleaning and keeping your database updated, knowing the preferences and concerns of your users, delivering relevant information, taking care of the message, measuring the frequency of sending and, most importantly, being clear about what you want to communicate.
Tips for creating an effective emailing campaign
Creating an effective emailing campaign can be a difficult task, as you may neglect or overlook some points that seem irrelevant but are more important than expected.
Here are some tips that will be very useful to plan your email marketing strategy and, in particular, to design your next newsletter:
- Use a catchy subject line. The subject line is one of the factors that most interfere in the opening rate; try to catch the user's attention with a concise and attractive message.
- Email presentation. Take care of the template you are going to use and check the spelling thoroughly, as mistakes cause mistrust and indicate a lack of professionalism. Do not overuse images or excessively long texts. Carry out tests before sending the final newsletter where you can preview the content and check that everything looks correct.
- Take care of the images you use. Images do a good job when it comes to capturing attention visually. Remember to take into account the size and format of the images so that users have no problem viewing them on any device.
- Simple, direct and straightforward. Trying to fill the newsletter with a lot of information will only make the content less readable, less attractive and more cumbersome. Presenting the content in a simple, straightforward and direct way will make the reader more willing to read the message you want to communicate.
- Identify the e-mail with the header and the logo of your company. Remember to also insert the link to view the web version in the header, because in case the user has a problem opening the email this could be a solution.
- Use the social buttons. These buttons are very useful both to share content and facilitate the dissemination of information, and to put your social profile buttons so that they can easily follow your company and know a little more about your activity.
- Unsubscribe button. This button is essential for the user to be able to unsubscribe when they consider it appropriate. Remember that, by law, any newsletter must include this option, although sometimes brands make an effort to hide it with texts in very small print or in colours that are difficult to see at first glance.
Advantages of email marketing campaigns
Email marketing allows us to reach our users and target audience in a more direct and effective way. There are multiple reasons why creating an email marketing campaign is a very good idea, these are some of its main advantages:
The user voluntarily provides us with their address because they are interested in our activity. For this reason, they are a proactive audience that is open to getting relevant information that we can share with them.
It is very easy to segment your contact database to send personalised content according to the interests and needs of each group. Thanks to this, we can create a specific message for each user profile we want to target.
Measuring the efficiency of an email marketing campaign is very useful, and, certain tools allow you to analyse a variety of metrics such as open rates, click-through rates, impact, etc., to the maximum extent possible.
We can configure the body of our newsletter as we wish. Highlight one or several contents, different products or services, deliver an invitation to an event and highlight a news item or press release, among other formats.
Email marketing campaigns do not require a large investment to get started. In fact, depending on the volume of your contact database, newsletter platforms offer both free and paid plans.
The BCM Marketing team, as specialists in relationship marketing, database management and email marketing campaign design, knows the behaviour of the industrial buyer and how to attract them using inbound marketing techniques, that is, offering relevant and personalised content. You can contact us and one of our consultants will help you solve your doubts about how to design and implement your email marketing strategy.