Email marketing benefits and 5 platforms to be successful
The email marketing strategy has become an indispensable tool in any digital marketing strategy. It is a highly exploited communication channel that works very well. From order confirmations, subscriptions, newsletters to stock or price drop notices, e-mails play a fundamental role in managing communication between customers and the company.
Thanks to this strategy, communication with the user will be closer and more personal. In this way, it is easier to create a meaningful bond quickly with the potential customer. As if that were not enough, email marketing is present in each of the stages that the user goes through until the end of his online purchase, a technology that helps him throughout the process.
In short, email marketing, far from being something obsolete, is a tool that remains useful and allows the business to improve its status with its users. In addition, it is a good method to offer what the customer needs at the right time, thus getting a new sale.
Benefits of implementing email marketing in your digital strategy
The implementation of an email marketing strategy provides benefits that no company should miss out on. Being one of the least expensive and most accessible, it cannot be missing from your marketing plan. In addition, it is one of the strategies with the highest percentage of return on investment.
What will we achieve with an email marketing strategy in the company? Several very beneficial advantages:
- Reach: Email marketing campaigns allow us to reach the inbox of a large number of users, no matter where or when they are.
- Visibility: Allows us to publicise our business, our products, our personality in a fast and personal way.
- It improves the image: The image of the company will look more professional to the users. This allows us to position ourselves as experts in the market.
- Conversion: The conversion rate in an email marketing campaign is much higher than in social networks. This channel is considered one of the most profitable within online marketing. For this, the strategy implemented must have value, be concise and well directed.
- It's personal: Emailing offers the opportunity to address each of our users personally, thus connecting with our audience and creating a feeling of distinction and user preference.
- It increases cross-selling: With the purchase of the product and the corresponding confirmation email, other recommended products can be added to complement the one already purchased, encouraging a new purchase, which is especially interesting for online stores.
- Promotes upselling: Through an email we can recommend similar products to those they have been looking at or searching for within the web. This way the probability of a future sale are greater.
- Accessible: It is a very accessible platform. Recipients will receive a notification on their mobile devices where they only have to click to see the email. Senders can make use of different email marketing platforms that are easy to use and that allow them to send a multitude of emails at once. There is also the possibility of automating this process with a database or mailing list.
- Immediacy: An email marketing platform allows you to instantly send communications, disseminating whatever you want, whether it's an advertisement, a newsletter, new offers or products, etc.
- Presence: This tool allows you to remain present in the minds of consumers and thus prevent them from forgetting us. In this way, at the time of making a purchase, our company may be the first choice.
- Monitoring and control: Like almost any digital marketing tool, it allows us to measure the results of each campaign, providing a great capacity for control and monitoring, especially if we create specific landing pages.
As we have seen, this strategy allows many possibilities within the same format: emails. That is why even after many years since their appearance, they are still used and continue to be a method that guarantees results.
Tips to succeed in your emailing campaigns
Now that the concept of email marketing, its functionality and its benefits are clearer, it is time to talk about the process and the main points of these campaigns.
Before starting to write the content in the body of the message, we must take into account the following points:
- Database: In order to send emails, the first thing we need is the email address of each of the recipients, and for this it is essential to get their consent. Otherwise, we would be in an illegal situation. A good way to do this is by including newsletter subscriptions on the website.
- Segmentation: Once we have a database with user information, it is important to group them according to different criteria: demographics, stage in the purchase cycle, etc. This way the emails we send will provide relevant and personalised content for each target.
- Deliverability: This concept refers to the ability to successfully deliver the message to the recipient. This depends on technical and behavioural factors. A tip to improve it is to keep the contact list updated and add an unsubscribe link.
- Design: Creating a good professional and attractive design for our target audience is a very important point. Use a format that is readable, use your company colours, logo and any object that enhances the look without being too overloaded. Currently there are templates that help in this section.
- Customisation: The personalisation of the emails is essential to ensure a real relationship of trust with the consumer. You can enter the name of each of the recipients or suggest different products that they have been visiting or that complement the purchase already made. Don't forget to include calls to action (CTA).
- Email marketing platforms: In order to send mass emails, email marketing platforms are usually used to send the same email to all the contacts selected from the database at the same time. Some also incorporate templates and personalisation elements such as those discussed in the previous point.
The top 5 platforms for email marketing success
To emphasise the last point, there are several email marketing platforms on the market. These not only enable mass emailing and therefore save a lot of time, but also enable the tracking of campaigns. That's why these tools are highly recommended and very useful. Let's see the most popular ones:
- InfusionSoft: It has many features, good technical support, the automations work very well and have a great capacity to manage customers, you can see the behaviour of a lead from the moment it enters your list.
- Email Benchmark: It has a free version with auto responders. It has a campaign editor that allows many options, good analytics and a mailbox checker to increase the opening rate.
- Mailchimp: It's a platform that works very well, has a good email editor and includes payment plans for automation.
- Mailrelay: This is more basic than the previous ones, however they have good support and have a unique blogger plan.
- Acumba Mail: This is a Spanish platform and they have unbeatable support. They have a good text editor and a good campaign creator. It is a platform that is constantly being improved and that works very well.
In short, it is best to try several of these platforms to find the one that best suits your needs and mode of use. But if you don't know how to start, don't hesitate to contact us. At BCM Marketing, we are experts in developing email marketing strategies, helping businesses get closer to their customers and grow in the sector.