Digital branding: how to boost your brand through design?
Every B2B company is a world and the marketing objectives of each one can be very different. However, the most common ones are usually to improve reputation, increase sales or optimise communication with leads and customers.
In an increasingly saturated and changing market, in almost all cases the process of achieving these objectives must include in one way or another a good branding strategy that allows you to stand out from the competition and make the public remember you.
The main challenge is no longer limited to getting sales but must aim to build and maintain relationships. The objective is to attract, generate and develop links with all stakeholders, not just customers. To achieve this, the first step is to give the company personality.
Advantages of digital branding
These are some of the reasons why you should work on your B2B digital branding:
- You get your customers faster and at lower costs than your competitors.
- You turn customers into fans who recommend the brand in their circles of influence.
- You improve your image as an employer, which allows you to attract the best workers for your staff.
- You make your brand more attractive to partners and investors.
- You facilitate your entry into new markets.
- You reinforce brand stability and make it less vulnerable to competitive attacks and cyclical crises.
- In some cases, a strong brand allows you a certain price increase that translates into greater profitability for the company.
How to effectively define a brand image
Corporate branding is responsible for all processes aimed at building, growing, expanding and strengthening a brand.
- The first and most important thing is to identify what differentiates your company, product or service from the competition. This includes identity, company culture, ethical values, what the brand stands for, which partners it has... These can be tangible or intangible attributes of the product or service that are relevant to your audience. You should therefore also be very clear about the needs and aspirations of the users.
- Analyse also the situation of the competition, the current market and its trends. It is important to have a very clear view of the general situation, challenges and opportunities.
- From this first analysis you will be able to formulate a strategy that, based on what your brand is today, defines where you want to go and how to get there by following the right direction. Products, staff, stands, communications... The brand affects all functional areas and they must all work in unison to build a clear, coherent and defined brand image. It is difficult to establish what its limits are. The key is to create behavioural guidelines that guarantee a coherent experience at all points of contact with the company. Think about it: the image we have of a company is built more on what it does than on what it says.
Visual identity design
The visual identity is the part of the branding that refers to the design of the aesthetic aspects of the brand: logo, packaging, atmosphere of the premises, business cards, etc. It is key to creating an emotional bond with the consumer and transmitting your company's values at first sight.
This section also includes the naming or creation of the name of companies, brands and products.
Corporate branding over time
The construction of a brand is a long-distance race, not the one hundred metres race. Branding is not only about detecting what the differentiating values are. Its main mission is to maintain and accentuate them over the years, especially in a society like ours, where it is essential to adapt to constant change. Brands are living realities that must be taken care of carefully so that they do not lose their capacity to influence and value.
Working on branding has to be a constant task, but in return it allows us to make our own assets, supports and contents profitable. It is a process that begins long before the sale and does not end with it. Industrial and B2B companies that take care of their brands on a permanent basis adapt better to the challenges and changes of each moment.
If your B2B industrial company needs to work on branding to establish itself within its sector, at BCM Marketing we can help you get started.